SRM University is a famous university for Engineering, with many branches in India. The SRMJEEE 2021 is a popular entrance exam among students usually taken with the IITJEE, WBJEE, and MHT CET exams. The entrance exam is taken to secure admissions to the undergraduate engineering programmes of the SRM University campus. It acts as a filter for lakhs of applications. The exam is scheduled to be held in the month of April, and the registration has already started. The exam duration is 150 minutes and consists of four major subjects: physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics.
The exam is held annually, and you can even find the previous years’ question papers on the official site. Many students ask whether it is possible to prepare for the exam in just one month. It is certainly doable, but you need to have serious preparation strategies for that one month. You can focus on some standard books that are recommended by experts for various subjects. The eligible percentage of the aggregate to sit for the exam has been reduced to 50% in 2021 from the previously set 55% in PCM.
Some of the books recommended for SRMJEEE preparation are:
- Concepts of Physics: Part 1 & 2 by prof. HC Verma
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- RC Mukherjee- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations
- Cengage Organic Chemistry
- Cengage Mathematics
- TRUEMAN’S Elementary Biology
These standard books are helpful in preparing for the SRMJEEE and other national level entrance exams. They are recommended for IIT JEE preparation as well.
SRMJEEE Preparation General Tips:
Here are some general tips and tricks to be successful in the SRMJEEE 2021 examination.
- Check Exam Pattern: You must be familiar with the exam pattern before sitting for the main exam. Also, SRM University has revised the pattern for SRMJEEE 2021 exam to be conducted in April. The exam will now have two more English and Aptitude sections along with the previous conventional subjects like physics, maths, biology, and chemistry. Hence, students need to prepare for the new English and aptitude sections that consist of verbal and non-verbal logical reasoning syllabus.
- Start early preparation: SRMJEEE is a tough entrance exam to crack. People rate it in the same line with the IIT JEE and WBJEE, which are among India’s top engineering entrance exams. Hence it would help if you started the SRMJEEE preparation early enough. You can do this simultaneously with your class 12th studies as the syllabus consists of common topics for both the exams.
- Solve Previous Papers: Solving previous year papers gives you a boost of confidence during exam times. It validates your preparation. Mock tests are one of the best ways to assess your strengths and weaknesses while preparing for SRMJEEE; you can find out the areas you are weak in and prepare harder to ace them. Solving previous years’ question papers also gives you an idea about the examination pattern and familiarises you with the whole process.
- Revisions: Do constant revisions against your newly learned concepts and get better at preparation. Allot proper time for revisions and solving mock papers. Revisions are an essential way to memorise things for the long run and keep the things read-for-use. You can plan your revision time according to your learning style.
SRMJEEE is an annual entrance exam for the engineering courses of SRM University. It consists of six sections, including physics, chemistry, maths, biology, aptitude, and English. If you manage your time properly you will be able to prepare all the subjects even within a month or so. You can follow the above-mentioned suggestions to make your journey of SRMJEEE preparation smooth.